Cancellation must be processed through the GDRFA department which has stamped the residence visa in the first place. If a company decides to cancel an employment visa of its employee, it must first approach the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization with an application to cancel the employee’s labor contract as well as labor card. The employee should also sign this application. Then, the employer should apply to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) for this visa cancellation. An individual sponsoring his/her spouse, children, or other dependents must cancel the dependents’ visas first before he cancels his/her own visa.